Richard Branson is one of the most successful businessmen in the UK and an icon of entrepreneurship. Recently he announced that his personal staff of 170 could have as much holiday as they want, without asking for approval or saying when they planned to return as long as the absence would not damage the firm. Mr. Branson said he was inspired by his daughter, who read about a similar plan at the online TV firm Netflix.
Richard Branson left school at the age of 16 and set up Student Magazine with one of his friends. He went on to start Virgin Records in the 1970s and is the founder of the Virgin Group. In the 1980s he formed Virgin Atlantic airline and the 1990s saw the arrival of Virgin Mobile and Virgin Trains.
Here are his Top Ten Tips for success:
1. Follow your dreams and just do it
2. Make a positive difference and do some good
3. Believe in your ideas and be the best
4. Have fun and look after your team
5. Don't give up
6. Make lots of lists and keep setting yourself new challenges
7. Spend time with your family and learn to delegate
8. Try turning off the TV and get out there and do things
9. When people say bad things about you, just prove them wrong
10. Do what you love and have a sofa in the kitchen
For more information on unlimited holiday for his staff and his tips for success, please visit: